viernes, 26 de septiembre de 2014

My future job




When people think about a psychologist, they imagine somebody like Freud, who is psychoanalyzing you meanwhile you’re speaking, lay down on a divan. So, if you study psychology, some people would think that you are analyzing them in every moment. Another prejudice, is that people who is study psychology are a good listener and that can give a good advice. This is a very common opinion, but psychology is more than that analyze people for tell them advices about problems how to revolve its. First of all, it refers at a clinical practice and Psychoanalysis that is one of many perspectives in psychology. Psychology has many branches of knowledge, mainly clinical, organizational, and legal and social/community. Besides that, each one could divide in different perspective and theories. There are Psychoanalysis, behaviorism, cognitivism, humanism, etc. In my personal case, I’m very interested about social/community psychology that its objective is to understand the subject/persons in relation with his society and social interactions. Psychologist who dedicate to this branch can do investigations mainly, but can do practical interventions in a community to improve its working to achieve different goals. I’m not sure about what I going to do when I finish my career, but I want to do this away of Santiago, in a smaller city or town to can live far of the big cities and constant ‘movement’. 


8 comentarios:

  1. Sound like a great plan. is very common the prejudices with the diversity of majors. In my case (future archaeologist maybe) the people think that i work with dinosaurs bones :'( . The worst part is what justly that could be awesome!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. All my support to you when you lives under the bridge :) Jajajajajajajajajajaja Psychology don't pay u.u

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I like the idea of moving from Santiago :D If someday I work as a psychologist I'll do the same

    ResponderBorrar
  4. you've got right about prejudice, I always listen!

    ResponderBorrar
  5. there are many people tired of Santiago and don't want to continue living in this noisy city, I hope you can find a place where to develop

    ResponderBorrar
  6. Those prejudices are just that: prejudices.
    Sounds good your ideas about a future job. Success!

    ResponderBorrar
  7. Maybe, still we don't know that we want.

    ResponderBorrar
  8. Not much people want to work away from Santiago (I tend to think that everything happens here, big mistake), and I think that this is a really good idea.

    ResponderBorrar